Bonnie Cole, Transportation Director
518-283-4600 ext. 25
518-337-7029 – cell
Bus Drivers and Routes
Requests for Non-Public Transportation
State Education Law requires parents or guardians of a child residing within Wynantskill UFSD to submit a written request to the district for transportation to a non-public school.
The deadline is April 1 (or for those moving into the district, within 30 days after establishing residency within the district). Late requests shall be granted only when a reasonable explanation is provided for the delay and there is no additional cost to the district. The Board of Education will decide whether the explanation is reasonable. If a student is denied transportation to a non-public school, the parent or guardian may appeal to the Commissioner of Education if a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached with the Superintendent or Board of Education.
School Bus Safety
To help ensure student safety:
- All students are assigned seats.
- All students must be seated at all times while on the bus.
- Eating or drinking on school buses is prohibited.
- Loud talking or noise making is prohibited.
- School rules should be followed while riding the bus.