Gardner-Dickinson Dress Code Guidelines
Please keep in mind that as a K 8 building, Middle School students interact with the elementary age students. The following guidelines are what Gardner-Dickinson considers appropriate:
A student’s dress, grooming and appearance, including hair style/color, jewelry, make-up and nails, shall:
- Be safe, appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
- Recognize that extremely brief garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines (front and/or back) and see-through garments are not appropriate.
- Ensure that underwear is completely covered with outer clothing.
- Include footwear at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed.
- Not include items that are vulgar, obscene, and libelous or denigrate others on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- Not promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
Please review the above guidelines with your children. The initial consequence for inappropriate wardrobe is a warning; however, students may be asked to modify their appearance prior to returning to their regular class schedule.
Our families’ support is appreciated as we strive to reinforce student’s understanding of appropriate appearance in a school setting.