Beginning this Friday, Nov. 20, your child will be required to transport their Chromebook to and from school every day. Due to the increase in national, state and regional COVID-19 cases, a short-term school closure is a possibility at any moment. We want to ensure our students are prepared to pivot to remote learning without loss of instructional time should a short-term closure occur. At this time, there are no plans for a school closure. This is strictly in preparedness efforts if such a need arises.
Please be sure to read the District’s Remote Learning Plan regarding proper care of the Chromebook, parent and student responsibilities, internet safety, getting tech assistance and other important information. Remote classroom schedules are available on our website in the event we go virtual.
Please be sure your child brings their Chromebook to school every day, fully charged, along with its power cord and they take proper care of it. Please see below to review care for Chromebooks. Please note that students in kindergarten will not be taking their computers home daily. If there is a need for remote learning, we will schedule pick-up times for Chromebooks.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Stoya at email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support.
Dr. Mary Yodis
Wynantskill UFSD Superintendent
Wynantskill UFSD Substitute Administrator
Care and Handling of Your Chromebook
- You MUST ask permission before making any changes to the settings on your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks should only be used for activities authorized by the school.
- Be sure to shut down your Chromebook by pressing the power button at the end of every school day. This will prevent unnecessary drain on the battery and will speed up charging time.
- Avoid bending the charger’s cord at sharp angles.
- Position your charger so that you will not trip over it or roll over it with a chair.
- Be gentle as you connect and disconnect the power cord.
- Keep liquids and food away from your Chromebook. Liquids can damage the electronic components of your Chromebook. Close the lid of the Chromebook when you are not using it.
- Don’t carry around your Chromebook. Place it on a desk or table where it will not fall or be dropped. Use both hands when carrying or moving your Chromebook from place to place.
- Never carry your Chromebook by the screen.
- Your Chromebook’s screen is a very sensitive component. It may crack if you slam the lid, drop it or expose it to pressure or weight.
- Do not place any items on top of your Chromebook.
- Use a damp (water), soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s screen and exterior, You can also use packaged eye-glass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen.
- Remember you are responsible for any damages or misuse.
- Keep your Chromebook away from small children and pets.
- Keep your Chromebook in a secure area. Do not leave it in an unlocked car or outside.
- Leave repairs to experts. Under no circumstance should you attempt to repair your Chromebook. This may void any warranty and could hurt you. Contact the district if you are in need of repairs.