Winter break is upon us (Feb. 15-19). While school breaks typically consist of gatherings with friends and family alike and, at times, travel, we must enjoy our break a bit differently this school year. Our students are counting on the entire school community to maintain a safe, consistent learning environment amid the pandemic. As a community, we have made outstanding efforts thus far to slow the spread of COVID-19. We must continue these efforts over break to provide the safest learning environment possible and keep our students in school.
We would like to share the following reminders regarding winter break:
- The state discourages travel. State travel guidelines require persons traveling to and from noncontiguous states to quarantine for 10 days upon their return. Travelers may test out of the 10-day quarantine, as outlined below:
- Individuals who traveled outside of New York and its contiguous states for more than 24 hours must be tested within three days of departure from their travel destination.
- Upon arrival in New York, the traveler must quarantine for three days.
- On day four of quarantine, the traveler must be tested a second time.
- The traveler may exit quarantine upon receipt of a negative test result.
Please notify the school health office of your plans to travel. Any test results will need to be submitted prior to your child(ren) returning to school. Please be reminded your child(ren) will need to learn remotely while quarantining after travel. Please review the district’s remote learning plan and student expectations while remote. Students participating in remote learning will follow the same schedule as students who are in school. Students participating in school remotely are expected to follow schedules daily and to log in as if they were in school. Attendance is required, and daily attendance will be taken.
- Please refrain from hosting or attending small gatherings with friends and family you do not live with if possible. Small gatherings have shown to contribute to living room spread.
- Please continue to properly wear masks, practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene.
- Remember to have fun!
We’d like to thank everyone for your support and continuous efforts to keep our students, staff and school community as safe as possible during this unparalleled time. Please enjoy winter break to the fullest extent possible while staying safe. We are GD strong.