Wynantskill UFSD Request for Proposal
Storage, Maintenance, and Repair of Fleet of 20 Buses
Wynantskill Union Free School District is seeking bids for the period from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023, for the following:
Storage, Preventative Maintenance & Repair of its 20 passenger buses.
- Storage: parking spaces and electricity (as needed) for all buses. Space will also be provided for Wynantskill drivers to park their personal vehicles, and vendor will maintain the premises (ie snow removal, etc).
- Preventative Maintenance: all DOT and regulatory inspections, regular washing of buses, oil changes and any other routine maintenance needs.
- Repairs: any and all necessary repairs which arise as a result of everyday usage. Work orders for recommended repairs must be reviewed by the Transportation Supervisor. Any repairs exceeding $1,000 must have Superintendent’s approval.
- Parts: All parts will be purchased off the NYS Contract (unless in the case of an emergency), by the vendor. Vendor shall obtain Wynantskill Transportation Supervisor’s approval before purchasing any parts and materials, other than those needed for routine maintenance and repair.
- Invoicing/Payment: All invoicing will occur on a monthly basis and will include detailed accounts of all purchases and labor costs, with appropriate back-up documentation. Invoices will be paid within 30 days of receipt.
- Proper Insurance will be required upon request.
Proposals should be submitted to the superintendent’s office, via sealed envelope by no later than 12:00 pm on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Bids will be opened at 12:00 pm, Wednesday, June 1. The Board of Education reserves the right to reject all bids and the right to waive any informality in bids. The decision of the Board of Education is considered final.
Please call the District Office at 518-283-4600 ext. 250 with any questions.