Gardner-Dickinson School will celebrate Field Day Tuesday, June 25 (rain date is Wednesday, June 26). Here is helpful information for parents.
Pre-K through Grade 5
- Please make sure your child wears their bathing suit to school under their clothes so they will not have to change as soon as they get here.
- Students are encouraged to wear ANY color G-D Spirit Wear or blue and white to show their school pride.
- We suggest your child also bring extra dry clothes, water shoes, a towel, water bottle and sunscreen.
- Please make sure to apply sunscreen to your child before they arrive at school.
- Field Day events will run from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and will include water slides, relay races and several fitness activities including a tug-of-war, class vs class competition held from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- If you plan to attend Field Day, please make sure to sign in at the tent by the entrance to the parking lot. Also, be sure to sign your child out at the end of the day at the same tent.
- Feel free to join us for a picnic lunch at the cost of $2.90 for a child and $4.37 for adults.
- To provide Middle School students an experience different from their past six or more Field Days, Grades 6-8 will take a field trip to Grafton Lakes State Park for Field Day from 9:00 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Students should bring a bagged lunch, a bathing suit, sunscreen and a towel (if they plan to swim).
- A variety of games and activities are planned to make it a fun day no matter a student’s interest.