The Wynantskill UFSD Board of Education consists of five elected community members charged with setting the goals and establishing the policies to create a successful school district for our community’s children. Board members are unpaid volunteers serving three-year terms.
The Board adopts the annual budget and makes decisions on a range of educational issues. The Board is not responsible for the day-to-day operations of Gardner-Dickinson School. Parents are encouraged to contact Superintendent Dr. Mary Yodis for specific school concerns.
Our community is welcome to attend Board meetings. We value your interest and encourage you to voice any questions or concerns you may have about your school district.
Board of Education Members
Andrew Lanesey, President (2019-22)
Darcy Mack, Vice-President (2021-24)
Cathleen Castle (2019-22)
Keith Hirokawa (2021-24)
Eric Strang (2020-23)
Contacting the Board of Education
- Increase academic achievement for all students.
- Value continuous school improvement.
- Foster a safe, respectful, responsible and positive school community.
- Promote open and effective communication.
- Provide a quality educational program while remaining fiscally responsible.
Areas of Focus
- Maintain a safe environment that keeps our kids in school 5 days per week by creating and following effective safety protocols.
- Improve the school climate in Wynantskill through deliberate work to multiply the intelligence and capabilities of every employee and student as well as cultivating strong mentors and peer supports for all students and staff (known to us at GD as “Multipliers & Marigolds”).
- Provide support and mentoring for our new principal, Mrs. Cornell.
- Analyze current staffing to identify areas in need of improvement to optimize district operations.
- Complete a Transportation Study.
- Complete a 5 year Budget Outlook Study.
Interested in Running for the Board of Education?
Wynantskill UFSD residents who are interested in running for a Board of Education position can find the nominating petition below. Each nominating petition must contain a minimum of 25 valid signatures and must be returned to the district clerk by 5 p.m. on April 18, 2022.