The Wynantskill UFSD Board of Education consists of five elected community members charged with setting the goals and establishing the policies to create a successful school district for our community’s children. Board members are unpaid volunteers serving three-year terms.
The Board adopts the annual budget and makes decisions on a range of educational issues. The Board is not responsible for the day-to-day operations of Gardner-Dickinson School. Parents are encouraged to contact Superintendent Dr. Mary Yodis for specific school concerns.
Our community is welcome to attend Board meetings. We value your interest and encourage you to voice any questions or concerns you may have about your school district.
Board of Education Members
Andrew Lanesey, President (2019-22)
Darcy Mack, Vice-President (2018-21)
Cathleen Castle (2019-22)
Keith Hirokawa (2018-21)
Eric Strang (2020-23)
Contacting the Board of Education
Board of Education Goals
- Increase academic achievement for all students.
- Value continuous school improvement.
- Foster a safe, respectful, responsible and positive school community.
- Promote open and effective communication.
- Provide a quality educational program while remaining fiscally responsible.
Areas of Focus
- Engage students and staff in effective, meaningful collaboration.
- Improve the team/grade-level use of common planning time, particularly with new team constructs.
- Continue to examine school community demographics, and how to best meet the needs of all students in the 21st Century.
- Continue to examine special education models to serve students best.
- Accordingly plan and program for increased graduating class cohort sizes, particularly their transition through the middle and high school.
How to Run for the Board of Education
Community members are encouraged to run for the Board of Education.
Simply return this petition (with 25 signatures and addresses of qualified voters) to the District Office by Monday, April 19, 2021 by 5 p.m. to get on the school budget vote ballot.
A candidate must be:
- At least 18-years-old
- A legal resident of the district
- A citizen of the United States
A full Board of Education candidate packet is available here.
For questions, please contact District Clerk Heidi Hallock at 518-283-4600.