Notice of 2022-2023 Budget Hearing and Vote Information
NYS School Report Card Information
Here is New York State’s School Report Card, which provides information about Wynantskill UFSD.
- Increase academic achievement for all students.
- Value continuous school improvement.
- Foster a safe, respectful, responsible and positive school community.
- Promote open and effective communication.
- Provide a quality educational program while remaining fiscally responsible.
Areas of Focus
- Maintain a safe environment that keeps our kids in school 5 days per week by creating and following effective safety protocols.
- Improve the school climate in Wynantskill through deliberate work to multiply the intelligence and capabilities of every employee and student as well as cultivating strong mentors and peer supports for all students and staff (known to us at GD as “Multipliers & Marigolds”).
- Provide support and mentoring for our new principal, Mrs. Cornell.
- Analyze current staffing to identify areas in need of improvement to optimize district operations.
- Complete a Transportation Study.
- Complete a 5-year Budget Outlook Study.
Bids & RFPs
Visit our Bids & RFPs webpage for information about bids and requests for proposals.
Curriculum and Instruction
Visit our Curriculum and Instruction webpage for information about our educational programs and testing.
Continuity of Instruction Plan
Technology Plan 2017-22
Here is Wynantskill UFSD’s Technology Plan for 2017-22.
School Safety Plan
Here is Wynantskill UFSD’s District-Wide Safety Plan for 2021-2022
Continuity of Operations Plan
Wynantskill Public Health Emergency Continuity of Operations Plan
RCG Health Insurance Trust Newsletter
An archive of school newsletters and calendars is available here.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Information
Here is information about the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Smart Schools Planning Committee
The Smart Schools Planning Committee’s most recent presentation is available here.
Lead Testing Information
In 2016, Wynantskill UFSD tested all 53 water fixtures throughout the school as part of testing mandated by New York State.
While seven fixtures had results above 15 parts per billion, there were no issues with any of the school’s water fountains. The seven identified fixtures have already been repaired or are scheduled for repairs as part of the Capital Project.
More information is available in this parent letter.
Fire Inspection Notice
Notice is hereby given that the annual inspection for 2020-2021 of the Gardner-Dickinson Building of the Wynantskill Union Free School District for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers, employees therein, has been completed and the report thereof is available at the Office of the Superintendent at 25 East Avenue, Troy NY 12180, for inspection by all interested persons.
NYS Sex Offender Registry
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services website.
Response to Intervention Plan
Here is Wynantskill UFSD’s Response to Intervention Plan, as required by NYS Education Law.
Pesticide Neighbor Notification
Here is a Pesticide Neighbor Notification, as required by NYS Education Law.
Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR)
- Wynantskill UFSD’s APPR plan is available here.
- A Request for Teacher or Principal Rating form is available here.
Reporting Suspected Child Abuse or Maltreatment
NYS Education Law requires public schools to post information about the Child Abuse Hotline Number.
If you suspect child abuse or maltreatment, you can report it by:
- Calling the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) toll free at 1-800-342-3720
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call TDD/TTY at 1-800-638-5163 or have your Video Relay System provider call 1-800-342-3720
- If you believe that a child is in immediate danger, please call 911 or the local police department.
- For more information, please visit the OCFS website.
Parents Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
Here is a Parents Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security, as required by NYS Education Law.
Title I Parent’s Right to Know
Here is Title I Parent’s Right to Know information, as required by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.