As you know, this school year presents schools and families with many challenges. We are committed to ensuring that our students receive a quality education whether they are attending in-person or remotely. Our district’s remote learning plan has been updated and is available on our website, www.wynantskillufsd.org. This plan will go into effect anytime we need to move to remote learning whether it is for days or weeks, or for the entire school, or for just one classroom or for individual students.
There may be times that a student may be ill, quarantined or awaiting a COVID-19 test, causing them to miss school. After you have notified School Nurse Tricia Gibbs at 518-283-4600 ext. 18, you may request that your child continue to participate in their classroom instruction through remote learning by emailing Mr. Peter Mesh at email@example.com.
Our remote learning option comes with the following requirements:
- You certify that your household has stable internet access and devices equipped with internet capabilities for your child(ren) to access the remote instruction and coursework.
- Your child will follow the District’s attendance policy and attend every day of virtual instruction, absent a valid legal excuse.
- Your child must be logged in to virtual learning throughout the entire day, according to his/her class’ schedule, including having their web-camera on live and participating in their academic schedule as if they were receiving in-person instruction.
- Your child must complete and submit all required coursework, as assigned by their teachers.
- Your child must maintain adequate academic progress throughout their virtual learning, or your child will have to return to school.
- Your child and anyone present during virtual instruction is prohibited from altering, reproducing, videotaping or audiotaping the virtual instruction, or utilizing the teacher’s or any other student’s image, likeness or voice, nor shall they publicly disseminate, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise publicize the virtual instruction on social media or any other platform.
- If the District determines your child(ren) is not complying with these requirements, your child(ren) may be required to return to in-person instruction, as identified in the District’s Reopening Plan.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this letter, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr. Mary Yodis
Superintendent of Schools